Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Friday, November 30, 2007

CTV's Writer Only Drama Development Program


So, I'm not sure how many people are aware of this thing but after doing some research I decided to apply even though I technically don't fit the profile (no produced writing credits).

That was about a month ago. Since then I've had some contact with a Ms. Kathleen Meek and sent her off a copy of the 27-page bible for my show (Savage Knights) along with the hardest resume I've ever had to write. She's been on vacation for most of the month but she made it clear that, with the help of one Mr. Michael Grassi, she would read through my show bible and get back to me by the end of the month ("or sooner").

Well, today's the big day. End of the month. My show bible's been in their hands for just over a month (38 days to be exact) and hopefully I'll hear something back soon. I've got my pilot script all gussied up with one of them Tuxedo T-shirts and a splash of Polo - ready to be sent out into the world of Television.

Will I hear anything from them today? The realist in me says "not likely" but my hopeful naiveté is still plucking away in the background, whispering "don't give up hope".

Guess time will tell.

Cheers!
Brandon

No comments: