Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, February 11, 2008

Writing Challenge #2

So, apparently I managed to sleep through most of last week.

Got a lot on the go here, life just keeps getting more interesting. I've decided to apply for a new job, don't know if I'll get it but it's something that I've been debating with myself for a while now.

I mean, all things considered, my current job isn't too bad but - and here's the big but - it's going nowhere. I've got Five years into my current job and, well, I haven't been promoted or have anywhere to be promoted to. My job is the very definition of 'dead end'.

It's a safe and secure little office nook where I can theoretically spend the rest of my days in well paid (well-enough...) comfort as my menial tasks slowly cause my mind to fall upon itself.

And thus, in an effort to bring some excitement and challenge to my life (outside of my upcoming CFC attempt) I've decided to try and make a move into something different. Not wholly different, but something that has potential for me to stretch out. I've got the application in, the resume and cover letter is sent. Nothing to do but wait and see...

Oh, yeah, and just to make things even more interesting, I found out on Friday there's someone at my job - a co-worker - who's been actively working behind the scenes to get my ass fired.

Nice.

Here's this week's writing challenge - remember, explore, have fun!:

Writing Challenge #2:

Format: Any
Length: 1 page
Topic 1: A poor man finds a counterfeit $50 bill in the street.
Alternate Topic: "I've lost a piece of something I never knew I had".

Optional Bonus: Use a simile

Cheers,
Brandon

No comments: