Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, September 01, 2008

100 Posts...?!

This is it. Number 100.

Talk about your milestones.

Okay, I never really thought about it as a 'milestone' until I saw that I was at 99 posts this morning, but yeah, that kind of shook me.

Wow.

That's a lot of words.

And so, to those of you who've been reading since the beginning - what, nine months ago? - thank you for popping on by and, well, being interested (and interesting).

To those who're just finding your way here now-ish, thanks for coming.

One hundred posts.

It's a neat little accomplishment that I find myself somewhat surprised to be proud of. It may have less to do with the postings and more to do with all the 'memories', but I'm pretty proud of it just the same.

A lot has happened since the day I started this blog with my bold (if naive) proclamation:

"Stated as simply as possible my Goal is this: To break into the Canadian TV writing biz. More specifically, breaking into said business as a show runner on my very own show. Even more specifically, to have said show produced and on the air for the Fall 2010 season."

Yeah, that was a delusion that didn't last long thanks to a gentle ribbing by some nice gentlemen with battle scars and industry tales that nightmares are made of.

Great guys, all of 'em - and their candor helped to set the tone for what's been a whirlwind of a ride so far.

Over the last 9 months I've gone from chasing goals and finishing my first-ever spec script to telling off troublemakers and writing the CRTC; From getting my first (and second, and third) rejection letter to earning a coveted interview at the CFC.

Through it all, I've had the wondrous good fortune to have learned so much from so many people; every one of them a class act, every step of the way.

It's been an adventure.

And I hope you'll all stick with me for a hundred more.

Cheers!
Brandon

No comments: