Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembering

Remembrance Day is hard for me - and lots of people my age - who grew up, for the most part, in a time of peace. It's hard to understand, to articulate that magnitude of sacrifice when I've never experienced anything of the sort.

I've never fought in a war.

I've never had to fight and kill to protect that which I have, or sacrifice all that I have to ensure that others will thrive in my stead.

All I can do is honour those who were brave enough to fight for the futures of people they would never know.

All I can do is hope that neither I nor my children will never have to make that sacrifice.

But that, should the need arise, I would find within myself that kind of courage.


In Flanders Fields


It's Time To Say Goodbye

No comments: