Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Thursday, January 01, 2009

She said YES!

There in the midst of Nathan Philips Square, as the countdown finished and the screaming began - as the fireworks exploded overhead.

"Will you marry me?"

I'd tried to get down on one knee but we were pretty crushed against the masses so I held her close as we looked up to the sky, ring presented with the explosions reflected in the glimmering facets.

Eyes wide and smiling, her breath still hanging in the air: "Yes!"

And so we held each other, kissing amidst the crackle and thunder, our words lost amongst the cheers.

Sure, not exactly to plan but definitely the response that I wanted. And, really, that's all that matters in the end.

Today's been a storm and a half - we've basically been on the phone all day with family and friends, letting them know and soaking up the well-wishes. (Thank you everyone for your kind words!) Truthfully, I'm still a bit overwhelmed by it all - a bit nervous to boot.

This definitely falls into uncharted territory... but I'm looking forward to it.

A new beginning for a new year. I can't wait to see where we go from here.

May you all have a Safe and Prosperous 2009.

Cheers!
Brandon

3 comments:

DMc said...

Mazel Tov, Brando. Outstanding.

Trevor said...

congrats! i assume you'll be streaming the wedding service online? ;)

Brandon Laraby said...

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm stoked as hell - was a crazy day to say the least. Now comes the planning. Simple stuff, that :P