Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Right.

So, I've been a bit of a self-involved wuss lately. I admit it. There's a whole world of hurt going on around me and I've been navel-gazing and boo-hooing about the state of my current spec pilot.

Truth is, I'll get it when I get it and all the sitting around and complaining isn't doing me any good - separating myself from the world at large to moan about how hard it is. Right.

Anyways, I want to thank Peter and Elize who put up with me and offered their sage advice - also Karen and Denis who pointed me in the way of a solution (and kicked my butt for trying to take the shortcut). I'm reading "Making a Good Script Great" by Linda Seger and taking a break - letting the QWERTY bruises on my forehead heal.

I've got a ton to catch up on - barely even noticed what's been going on at the CRTC so that'll be fun to wrap my head around. On the bright side, Karen and Chausie Lynx have been working away to keep people on the up and up, summarizing what's been going on and helping to get a sense of the bigger picture.

You can read their first thread here: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2312266656&topic=8056

And their second thread here: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2312266656&topic=8152

Most of the discussion has moved on to Twitter these days and that's fine but it's kind of a pain too. Hard to keep abreast of the conversation and still glean a lot of insight out of the maximum 140 characters. The updates are great, how it happened is great, but I'm far more interested in how it effects people - what they have to say about how it impacts them.

Micro-blogging is a funny thing like that - you're either plugged in or you're not, it can be a bit of a pain to catch up if you're not already in the flow with people. Recently I had to un-follow Huffington Post from Twitter because they simply drowned out everyone else. Like that guy singing out from under his blaring headphones on the bus or the street corner - even if he's damn good, he's still drowning out everyone else who's trying to listen to what's being said to them. Sorry Huff-post but it's hard enough to keep abreast of what my friends are doing as it is.

In other news, I've got another Inktern assignment about to go live, so that should be fun. I scoured the major player's sites trying to figure out who has the best assortment of ONLINE content for Canadian shows. The winner, suprisingly enough, was -- well, I won't give it away but you can check out the thread here and see for yourself.

Cheers,
Brandon

No comments: