Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Comedown

Today's the official hand-in date for your CFC Prime Time Television Program Application.

That's right folks, pencil's down.

Hope you remembered to put your names at the top of the paper.

Incidentally, there's a bunch of little details that go into the making of the application. Sure there's the big stuff like, you know, having the actual scripts ready but there's also things like making sure to put your name, title and draft date on every page of your script.

Yeah, I almost didn't do that - I was just about out the door when I decided to check the PDFs I'd made. Sure enough, nope. So I had to go in and add a Header and Footer to both my scripts. A little thing that almost slipped right by me. I don't know if it'd be an application-killer or not, but hey, the less excuses I give them to toss it into the 'meh' pile the better ;)

On another note, it's amazing how many passes I had to do just to clean up the grammar and spelling issues I had. I mean, don't get me wrong - it took really only 1 or 2 for the spelling mistakes but the grammar... wow. Yeah, that stuff can just dig itself in there like a tick - you end up blowing right by it 2 or 3 times before it finally clicks and you go "hey - why am I using 'there' instead of 'their'?" or "Since when do I need 5 commas in a single sentence?"

Of course, with that said, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I open my drafts again and balk over what I've somehow managed to miss (there's always something)... but for now I'm just going to allow myself to bask in the glowing-glowy-ness of actually getting this sucker done. It's nice to actually achieve a goal I set for myself. Of course, it's only a small part of a larger goal, but hey - take the positive where you can ;)

Now comes the waiting. And the Wedding planning. And my new duties as 'Junior Editor' on Ink. Already I'm working on my next assignment and keeping myself open for our new TV Inktern (Welcome Nicole!).

I'm excited about what's on the horizon for myself and the site, there are plans a foot, people. Very, very interesting plans.

This weekend will be full of meetings and colour-choosing (for the wedding) - I'm personally a fan of the white and gold motif... maybe white and red. The fiancee seems to be bending more towards pastel-ish colours - lavender and/or pink. I'm thinking this could make for an interesting compromise. (There's not really a pastel-version of Gold, is there?)

Cheers!
Brandon

No comments: