Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, July 06, 2009

Smile for the Birdie!

Well, technically I'm supposed to be in bed right now (it's Midnight).

I'm getting up at 6am tomorrow to start prepping for our professional wedding shots -- the actual wedding is still a month and a half away, but we wanted to get our shots in the nice summer weather (as opposed to the crummy fall weather...?).

Incidentally, it's supposed to be Thunderstorms tomorrow.

Nice for the rest of the week.

Just not tomorrow.

Guess mother nature found out the CRTC was getting together and decided they needed the effect more than I did. 'Cause, really, gloomy castles are just gloomy castles without the lightning crashing in the background.

Yes, I know, a low blow perhaps, but I've been reading the Canadian Broadcasting Act and it's got my nose all out of joint. (more on this soon enough - or read here for my more specific thoughts).

Anyways, I digress.

I'm sitting here with toothpaste on my face - an old 'trick' that's supposed to work to help with blemishes (thank you, internet! :S) but so far is really only burning like crazy.

Incidentally, yeah, going for dim sum -- while tasty -- was probably not the best course of action the day before a thousand dollar 'Professional' photography session. Oil + Salt + Noonday Sun = "Brandon's face is a bacteria factory". (On a side note: can I just say how much more insane that number seems as time ticks on and the world continues to crumble...?! Right... these had better be good.)

On the bright side, my fiancée is going to be getting the royal treatment - approximately 3-4 hours of make-up plus several dress changes (all of said dresses are gorgeous) - along with a page and a half list of "do"s and "don't"s for the night before.

I was told to show up. Oh, and bring white socks, black socks and a decent pair of shoes.

Truthfully, I kinda feel a bit let down by the casual-ness of my side-line-y-ness to the whole thing, but then again, she's going to look like a +5 Awesome of Awesomeness (before stacking in her +1 base modifier) AND I'll get to be photographed beside and/or with her.

So, yeah, it all kind of evens out in the end.

To help balance things I've decided to 'treat' myself to a good ol' fashioned barber's shave. I've never had one before, and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have a straight-razor that close to my jugular on the morning of a major photo session (bleeding out changes the WHOLE THEME of the darn thing...) but I figure why the hell not? Live a little.

Of course that means I have to get up even earlier. We're supposed to be on the road for 9am and on-site for 10. Which means I need to be at the barbers for 7:30; which means I need to be up for 6 and out the door for 6:45.

Right.

In other (foreshadowed) news, the CRTC is going to get into reviewing it's Broadcasting Policy tomorrow... and it looks like I'm going to miss the big show. Sorry folks - this one's outta my hands. Tho' if you'd all take really kickass notes I'd really appreciate it (and I even promise to read them!).

And now, with a good 5 and a half hours to sleep, I'm heading off to bed. Luckily I generally only require 4-5 hours a night these days.

Anyways, off to bed. Wish me luck.

Good luck to all those venturing up to the CRTC. Let's keep our fingers crossed for good news.

Is it still naive to be optomistic?

Cheers,
Brandon

No comments: