Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Friday, October 23, 2009

Standing in the shadow of the Tower

It's the night before the big climb.

After all of my sweat and pain, after all of the self-doubt and fear, my month-long odyssey of preparation has lead me here.

Tomorrow morning at 6am I'll be out there and warmed up, ready to climb all 1776 stairs - 342 metres - of the CN Tower. For charity.

Honestly, I'm a weird mix of excited and nervous. I wonder if I've trained myself hard enough, if I've really done everything I could.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.

To make matters more interesting, my wife's getting back from a business trip (been gone for 2 whole -- and very long -- weeks) tonight... late tonight.

I have a feeling it's going to be a 'Hi honey, welcome back! Well... see you tomorrow' kind of situation as I rush off to try and catch some shut eye.

Tho' I figure I'll give the whole place a good once-over tonight as a surprise for her. She'll come in, tired, jet-lagged and see sparkling tile and vacuumed carpets... hopefully, that'll be a good 'welcome home' present.

On a side note, can I just say that it's such a weird sensation for me to really miss someone like I've been missing my wife?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I miss my friends and all... but for me and my wife this was the first time we've been away from each other (for any long period of time) since we've been married -- and man, there wasn't one day these last couple weeks that I managed to get to sleep before 4am.

And, no, it's not like I was laying there pining away or anything... I just couldn't sleep. I'd end up laying there, tossing and turning, feeling like 'man, this sucks' until the 4am sleep-exhaustion-fairy came by to kick me in the teeth.

Hopefully that'll be a problem solved shortly.

Anyways, yeah... tomorrow all the chips are on the table. Wish me luck ;)

And, hey, there's still time to donate to the cause (I'm climbing the CN Tower for the United Way on behalf of Ink Canada ;)!

Donate here: http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?SID=2386085

Cheers!
Brandon

1 comment:

MEMYSELF said...

Good luck to you! I am doing it on Sunday.