Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Web Dramas UNITE!

The always-awesome Jill Golick has news that the Independent Production Fund will be financing dramatic webseries!

Hoo-ah!

I (like most) have been working on my own little web-series concept for a while now and this is exactly the kind of good news I like to hear.

Maybe, just maybe, it'll facilitate some wicked new Canadian web series.

And they'll be the launching point for a whole whack of new, Canadian web-celebs.

And hey, at the very least it'll allow a whole bunch of stressed-out Canadian creatives the opportunity to brain-dump, experiment and express a few things that just won't fly on the 'tube.

Which is a good thing.

'Cause if there's one thing Canada's not short on, it's Canadian creatives chomping at the bit to make stuff.

Truth be told, I'm pretty excited about the possibilities.

And I can't wait to see what comes out of the pipe.

Here's hopin' for the best!

Cheers,
Brandon

1 comment:

Elize Morgan said...

The thing I find most funny about this? Is that you have to apply to apply.

I'm thankful they specified it to webseries - before Christmas it was an interactive project that could maybe get funding.