Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"He's a pair of Lizard-skin boots now"

It's official, "V" has some of the most painful, hackneyed dialogue I've seen on TV in a long time.

Like, really, really bad.

I watched the 'great return' tonight in a constant state of groaning and rolling my eyes.

I know that when you're dealing with TV you're on a deadline and it's a train that's only moving forward... but come on... is there no one out there doing a dialogue pass?

Ay-yi-yi.

It's been a long time since a prime-time TV show's made me look away from the screen in embarrassment.

I'm sorry, I hate to slag on this show, I really want to like it... but it's just too painful -- from the V who literally told our heroine how to kill him to the utterly wince-inducing mother/son "I'm a big boy now" talk.

Add in the dull-as-all-hell money-grubbing mercenary-for-hire plot and the execrable "Welcome to the war" line and I'm pretty much ready to stick a fork in this one.

Those poor, poor actors.

Cheers,
Brandon

1 comment:

deborah Nathan said...

I'll stick with the original.