Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, March 15, 2010

Right Turn, Clyde


This' my second stab at writing a TV bible -- and first shot at making a bible for a comedy series. The first shot was the bible I wrote for Savage Knights many, many moons ago.

It taught me a thing or two about a thing or two (namely, too much back story = baaad) but now that I'm bellying up to this here drawing board I'm finding out the hard way just how tough Comedy can be.

As someone with far more insight on the subject once said:

"Dying is easy, comedy is hard".

True enough.

On the bright side, I'm actually having a lot of fun playing with my characters; trying to figure out what's what and who's who while teasing comedic moments out of it all.

It's an entirely new and exciting frontier for yours truly.

Sort of like the Wild West... with whoopie cushions and dust devils that quack.

Okay, nothing like that. Forget I brought it up.

Of course the ultimate testbed comes in the form of a simple question:

Is it funny?

And to that I can handily say: Not yet.

But I'm getting there.

In other news, Pipeline is really starting to get some steam behind it. I've been getting fantastic reviews for the second draft and I think maybe one more polish and it'll be ready to be sent out into the world all proper-like.

And yes, this' one baby I'm actually excited to send out into the blizzard.

I've nurtured and bottle-fed and burped it until it could stand on its own... and now it's out in the backyard bench-pressing them rusted-out ol' pickups.

*sniff*

They grow up so fast.

So yeah, that's where things are at the moment -- things're definitely clipping along... and I'm glad as all hell for it.

'bout damn time ;)

Cheers!
Brandon

No comments: