Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, June 07, 2010

There's something in the air...

My gawd... it's gorgeous out there.

Truth be told, I've had a hard time sitting down and focusing lately. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think my Qu├ębec trip wakened a bit of wanderlust or something 'cause every time I sit down to write I turn around to find my mind scratching at the screen door.

Needless to say, progress has been slow.

On the bright side, when I do finally focus and get my butt into a seat I've noticed that my writing seems to have more... crackle.

Maybe it's the warm summer air, maybe it's just me getting my vitamin D in non-pill form for a change... I dunno, but I like it.

This week is tear-down time for my scripts. I've got 3 in progress -- which seems to speak to my fractured nature as of late -- and all of them are a throbbing pain in my butt for their own reasons.

The great thing about working on multiple projects is that when I start to run out of steam for one I'm usually good to go for one of the others.

Not so great for 'powering through' to the finish... but I'm digging it for the moment.

Other than that I've been editing a video I shot last fall, a promo for a project I've been trying to get off the ground for a while now. It's a horror-web series that goes right back to exactly the kinds of stuff I started writing way back in the day.

Hopefully it all ends up as wicked on the lil' screen as it is in my head 'cause I've got lots of plans for that baby.

Cheers all!
Brandon

No comments: