Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

404, Daily: Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hey there!

So I went out last night with some friends to a Writer Mafia TIFF party and had a great time! I met some new people and even got to schmooze a little bit.

Even better I got to pimp out '404' and I have to say that I was encouraged by the amount of interest this lil' project of mine has been building. A few people cornered me to chat about how I was pulling this off. The only fair answer I can give to that is to say that, well, I'm not doing it alone.

My good friend and Editor, Cameron Dixon, has been an absolutely integral part of this equation, helping me by taking the deluge of pages I hit him with daily and making sense out of it all. He's also a fount of knowledge when it comes to grammar and story and character -- and he's a wicked nice guy to boot.

So if you're enjoying this story as much as I am, make sure to give a nod to Cameron as well -- once I get his okay, I'll point you to some of his works!

Anyways, without further ado, here's the Daily for Chapter 27.

Cheers!
Brandon
________________

*Please Note: What follows below is only the FIRST page of Chapter 27 and is considered to be 'Raw Footage' -- unedited, first-draft material that may be subject to change (even in its entirety). This is designed to keep you in the loop with my story as well as, hopefully, intrigue you enough to want to buy the full, finished episode at the end of the week.

Warning: there will be SPOILERS and coarse language as well, so please keep that in mind before you read on.

Episode #6 (which collects the finished and polished versions of chapters 26-30) will be available on Sunday, September 19th for 99 cents CAD.

You are encouraged to offer feedback and/or interact with me as this process unfolds. I'd love to hear what you like, what you don't like and what you'd love to see more of.
________________

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Marco hides behind the door as it swings inward, tensing as he sees a figure round the corner. It's Freya. She enters, holding a tray of drinks and muttering under her breath, shaking her head in defiance of some unsavory order.

She stops, confused; her almond eyes scanning the room as she spots Jessica but no --

Marco grabs her from behind, slapping his hand over her mouth, holding her close as she stiffens. Jess grabs the tray from her, lowering it to the floor.

What are you doing!? Are you nuts? They're going to kill you! His mind races as he pulls Freya close.

Great, you've got her. Now what?


"You and your friends have put me in a very tough spot, Freya." Marco whispers in her ear, an edge to his voice that even he finds unsettling. "You've backed a nice, quiet guy into a corner… ruined my life… and now… now, I've got nothing to lose. You wouldn't believe what I've had to do to survive in the last 48 hours… I've surprised myself, several times; scared myself too." Marco pulls her tighter in his grasp, her breathing quickens and he feels her heart pounding in her chest. "Why are they going to Washington?"

Jess stares at Marco, unsure of what to do. "Watch the door!" He hisses at her -- a wildness in his eyes that snaps her into action before she has time to think. She moves to the door and locks the handle.

He releases a bit of the pressure on her mouth, just enough to allow her to speak. "Who are Alex's superiors?"

"You have to promise to get me out of here," she whispers, her eyes darting around, frantic. "I am a prisoner too. A slave. You have to get me out of here."

"I can't promise anything -- I don't know how the hell I'M getting off this plane," Marco says, his tone softening. "But I promise, I'll make sure to take you with us if we figure it out."

Freya considers, still shaking, but nods from under Marco's hand.

"Alex was sent to deal with the Senator, retrieve me and tie up loose ends -- which, by the way, you two made infinitely more difficult when you killed Aang. Anyway, his job's done, he's going home." Freya whispers.

1 comment:

ashley said...

Hey Brandon i must say the show is going awesome and i really liked it but i also love to Watch 4Kids Entertainment