Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

404: The New Cover Arises


It's been a long, long road but the final steps of my novel are starting to come together.

A big chunk of that process has been trying to come up with a cover that would be suitable for the final ebook and print versions -- something that would grab a potential readers attention and, hopefully, inspire them to pick it up (or, better: buy it!).

To help with this process, I put together a little contest; something to try and get others to come to the forefront and create that cover for me.

Unfortunately, it turned out to be a bit of a flop. Though I received quite a few "Yeah! Totally!"s from those I talked to, ultimately it didn't pan out.

And so I decided to go it alone.

What you see up at the top of the page there is the 'winning' -- and, potentially, final -- cover (out of 3 variants) designed by yours truly.

I want to thank my readers and my friends behind the scenes who offered their thoughts and insights on which version I should use.

Yet there is still one last hurdle to, well, hurdle: The critique of the masses.

So, I put this to out to you, my fellow blog readers and literary mavens: what do you think of this design for an Action/Thriller story? Would this cover grab your attention in a book store? Maybe make you want to pick it up and read it?

What do you like/not like about it?

Just for those who may not remember, here was my original cover (yes, it's come a long way!).

Cheers,
Brandon

No comments: