Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, October 11, 2010

And There We Are

The last sentence was written at 8:06pm last night.

After a long and exciting adventure -- both in and outside of the story -- 404 is finally complete. It's done and man, it was hard to see it go.

As I made it around that final bend, as I saw the ending finally in sight... yeah, things got a bit emotional. To think that I managed to write a novel in two months -- and that I'm actually quite proud of the result. If you'd asked me to do this at the beginning of the year, hell, I don't know if I ever could have dreamed of pulling it off.

And yet, here we are.

Of course the first person I have to thank is my incredible editor, Cameron Dixon. He's an amazing writer and an even better friend -- his insights not only revealed to me just how bad my grammar had become (sorry about that!) but also showed me the best ways to bring out exactly what I was trying to say in that jumble of words of mine. He's a tough cookie, and he'll kick your ass if you disrespect the language... but my writing is undoubtedly better because of said ass-kickings.

I also want to thank all the subscribers who joined by giving back to them in a meaningful way. Over the next few weeks, I'll be going back over the text and expanding on a few things that I wish I had been able to expand on but couldn't (due to time constraints), I'll also be adding some cool little features that I've concocted for those that really enjoyed the story.

All of this will go into a 'final edition' that I can hopefully send to print by the beginning of November.

Each and every one of my subscribers will receive a copy of the final, printed book for free.

Just a way for me to say 'Thank You' for all of your support.

For those of you who received the finale in your inbox last night, please, feel free to let me know what you think!

Cheers!
Brandon

2 comments:

ashley said...

Hi Brandon its such a nice article and I'll surely share it with my friend i also love to watch ESPN Internet TV

Rich Baldwin said...

This is awesome!!! Congrats on finishing a whole novel--and in 2 months!