Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, November 01, 2010

Back In The Barrel

So, what can I say... last week was not a blog-writing week.

Okay, the last week and a half.

Oddly enough, it's not because I had nothing to say... but more that I just couldn't put it out in any way, shape or form that I could live with.

On the bright side: The Walking Dead premiere -- a show based off a comic that I'm a HUGE fan of -- did gangbusters. 5.3 million people for AMC. It was a brilliant start and I hope it just gets better. If you're currently up to snuff in the comics then you know that Mr. Kirkman has left lots of fertile ground for the series to tread. Fingers crossed that they'll keep a lot of it in. There's some truly, truly disturbing stuff in these books... and very little of it has anything to do with Zombies.

In other news, Toronto has a new Mayor.

Also: Democratic voters still do not have the option to check 'None of the above' and have it actually mean something.

Writing-wise, my 'fixes' of 404 have turned into a full-blown 2nd draft. I realize that there's more that I'd like to add to it and so I've been plugging away at it, trying to make it better. It's a fast-paced story, to be sure, but at some points I realized that it needs a bit more room to breathe, things that I blew right past that deserve to be explored more.

So I've been doing that, selectively easing on the brakes in a few places so we can take in the scenery a tad.

I'm also starting to put together a web series with some friends. Hopefully we can put a writing room together for mid November and have some good stuff hashed out.

Those two things are going to eat up a bunch of my time -- as well as another major event that I can't talk about until mid-February -- but with any luck I'll be able to start on a new spec pilot as well. I've got some great stuff for a starting point... we'll see if it sings or not.

Did anyone else just realize that it's freaking November?!

Geez.

Anyways, more to come -- tomorrow.

Cheers,
Brandon

No comments: