Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Thursday, December 23, 2010

And We Are A Go!

Okay, so apparently I had some problems with my formatting. Some seemingly innocuous issues that snowballed into making the launch of my book one heck of a headache.

On the bright side, that all appears to be over and done with now after many, many nights of messing with formatting and other such things. 404 -- in eBook format, at least -- is live and ready to roll!

It's at once both an exhilarating and a terrifying time for me, having never actually completed a novel before, let alone release it to the public and ask people to pay money for it. To consider it 'entertainment'.

Oh, I've tried writing novels before, back before I ever dreamed about writing for Television. Back before I learned how to write a script, how to think in images. It's been an exciting run for me these last few months, especially when I realize just how much I've learned in such a short period of time. Feeling the rush of a constant deadline, pushing myself to always be thinking of the next new idea... and if it doesn't work, to toss it and move on and find another.

Anyways, after a ton of work -- writing and re-writing, pulling my hair out trying to make sure ever single puzzle piece was polished... it's done. Well, as done as it can be. I can always pick and niggle over the little bits and I know if I let myself think about it, if I let myself continue to tinker with it, it'll never see the light of day. I'll never be 'happy' there will always be some little part that I'll look back on and want to spruce up or say better. But I've been cleaning now almost every day for the last couple months... and I've come to the conclusion that, for now, for my first novel, this is a good start.

Time to think about new things.

I've got a new spec pilot for a TV show that I'm putting together, a new spec script that I'll be tackling in the new year and, yes, a new idea for a novel.

Until then, please enjoy '404'.

And to those of you who've encouraged me and supported me from the very beginning, I want to thank you so very much. I couldn't have done it without you.

Cheers!
Brandon

P.S: The other formats - .Mobi (for Kindle) and .epub (for most other readers) will be coming soon. The print version will be up in January!

No comments: