Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

If You're Interested

I don't know if you work in the film or TV industry -- I don't know if you've ever had the opportunity to sit down and write yourself up a one-sheet for one of your concepts.

But there's a great thread going on over at the Ink Canada discussion page (including talks of a 'Pimp My One-Sheet' event) that might be of interest to you (should you be interested in such things).

Also, for those newbie (or pro) writers who're looking to get out and meet some other writers, you might want to keep your schedule open this Friday night as another Ink Drinks #bandpractice is coming down the pipe pretty fast. It's a very open and friendly event, and if you're looking to meet some new writer-ly folk here in the city of Toronto, this is a great place to start.

In other news, I've been running on about four hours worth of sleep or so on a daily basis since last month. I'm tired, I'm cranky and a walking, creaking bottle of 'sore' -- on the bright side, I've discovered that stress and sleep-deprivation have spawned a kick-ass new idea factory in my mind's eye.

I'm not sure if it's the daylight hallucinations or the fanged monkey dripping black ichor into my morning coffee but I think I'm definitely starting to get some interesting stuff down on paper here. I've made some good ground on my web series and have even started working on a new spec pilot in those inactive moments of non-sleep before sleep.

Finally, I also went and submitted one of my pilots to Lift Out Loud for their TV Pilot script reading event. I'm not sure if it'll be selected, or even if it's their cup of tea... but I figure it's about time I start making waves again. Gotta get my stuff out there, gotta put my work in people's hands whenever I can. Not sure how it'll all play out, but I figure it's worth a shot.

We'll see how it goes!

Cheers,
Brandon

No comments: