Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, March 28, 2011

Trapped In The Box

(it's pretty much all they've got)

TV's a wonderful thing -- teacher, mother... secret lover.

But there is a dark side to the spectacle.

If you're a Canadian and you were paying attention waaay back in the ancient month of February of this year, you may have seen these little ditties playing around on your TV screens (before they were quietly pulled from existence).




What I didn't realize then -- that I should've -- was that this was only the calm before the storm.

The Conservatives have wads of campaign cash kicking around in the treasury these days and apparently they've decided to chase out the horses and burn down the barn.

'Cause now, pretty much everywhere I look, I'm seeing attack ads flying like crazy -- spreading Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt as I'm trying to enjoy a nice, relaxing meal with my wife.

I mean, I'd seen them before, but man... the TV mosquitoes are out in force now, squeeing their little sound bites in my ear.

"He didn't come back for you"

Uh... okay. Sure...?

Suddenly 'Coalition' is a four-letter word and Mr. Harper's getting all this screen time to warn Canadians in vague terms 'not to throw their vote away'.

Warning us that 'recovery is SO close' this time.

And yet here we are. Our country decidedly NOT recovered and definitely not in a better place than where we were when they were elected last time.

But if we change course now, all the progress we've made will be lost.

Be AFRAID!

FEAR!

(boo!)

Uh, thanks... but I think I'll take my chances with some new management.

Cheers,
Brandon

No comments: