Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, May 30, 2011

Life Is Slow Right Now

Sometimes the hardest part about playing the TV game is the 'hurry-up-and-wait'.

Just as quickly as irons can smoulder in that fire they can cool just as fast... and then you're back to sleepless nights up with the baby, where you're too tired to spell, let alone start up a laptop.

I've gotta admit that writing's been a bit tough the last week or so. A unique combination of 'not having much to say' combined with 'trying to figure out where all these leads are leading' while ensuring that I'm keeping up my end of said bargains has kept me off kilter.

Add into that a solid dose of 'trying not to nod off at work'.

Good times.

On the bright side, I'm almost done the re-vamp of my show bible for Pipeline -- that's been decidedly more painful than expected... but in a good way. It's helped me trim off the fat and hone in on what my show's about.

Which, really, is never a bad thing.

In other news, I've got an idea that's going to give me something to do during the slowdown, something that will keep me on point, or at least thinking about TV when I'm sitting up at 4 am or so.

It's a nice little exercise that, if you're interested, you can take part in too.

In June I'm going to try and read 30 TV scripts in 30 days.

Any genre, any length.

They just have to be made for TV and have actually been produced.

Now, I'm still putting together a list of shows (so far, it's a lot of pilots, as that's what's easiest to find) but if you've got any suggestions, I'm open to it. I'll have a list, with links, posted for you tomorrow, if you're interested in taking part. I'm not sure how much of a 'review' I'll be able to post as of yet, we'll see how the timing works out, but the plan is to write something to commemorate each script.

Anyways, just putting that out there. If you're interested, or have any suggestions, let me know in the comments.

That's all for now, folks!

Cheers,
Brandon

No comments: