Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Oxygen = Good

This past week has turned out to be an almost Socratic lesson about spreading oneself too thin.

Yes, it's always nice to have a bunch of irons in the fire but it's not so great when they all start to melt at once.

Needless to say, I've been a tad busy since my last post.

And to those of you who've asked me to read your scripts and I had to turn you down, I'm truly sorry -- long ago I made a promise to myself that if someone asked me to read their script I'd make time to fit it in ('cause, hell, I know how tough it was for me to find a reader when I was just starting out) but man... I'm learning the hard way that that is one hard ball to keep in the air.

In other news, the script reading that I had for Pipeline last month has started to bring about good news that I can't quite talk about yet. I've re-written my spec pilot now using the notes that I gleaned from that night and this thing is officially firing on all cylinders now.

Also, that web series I mentioned a while back has been pushed closer to the front of the burner -- we'll be meeting up on Friday to tackle a final pass on the 8 scripts we've put together.

Oh, and Boom Bang, one of my short films, has officially attached a Director (a big one too!)... next up (and hopefully locking in soon) a Producer.

Finally, another project that I've been working on for Ink Canada has a locked script and we're doing a final scout for locations and such. That one's coming together quite fast and should start shooting next week. *fingers crossed!*

Yes, when it rains, it pours... Not that I'm complaining. Hell, bring on the rain -- just... as long as we're not shooting externals, okay?

Cheers!
Brandon

No comments: