Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Workout: Day Five

Today was a late one again -- I desperately wanted to get out there and get my workout done before 8am... but life just doesn't always allow for things like 'planning'.

I managed to just squeak in there before 7pm (with the gym closing at 8pm) and get my workout in.  I did also end up taking a vitamin B complex pill before I went... but, oddly enough it wasn't as 'world shattering' as yesterday's event.

In fact, I started to get tired around the 10 minute mark this time -- I'm noticing that my body, even when I'm not working out now, is incredibly tense.  I bent over to put my shoes on today and I noticed a twinge in my left side, as if one of my muscles had suddenly hyper-extended itself or something.

But, on the bright side, my love handles are noticeably smaller.  (Gotta love that terminology, eh?)  In fact, really, everything feels 'tighter' -- which may explain why everything's so tense...

Anyways, back to the workout.  What was interesting about today's workout was how staggered everything felt.  I noticed there were these moments, maybe 2 or 3 minutes at a time where I was just 'on' where I could push myself, hell, almost run at the front of the treadmill.  But immediately following I'd have these long stretches -- maybe 10 mins or more at a time -- where I just seemed to burn out and I'd be clutching those bars for dear life.

Weird.

Anyways, I'm still sweating like crazy, like my pores have somehow tapped into a hidden ocean reservoir -- still feeling moments of shakiness, still got this damned blister (which I swear is getting bigger?!) but there is some good news to be found: overall I'm noticing that my body's getting accustomed to the workout.

Anyways, I didn't end up getting my fancy shmancy treadmill this time so there's no detailed report to share, but I managed to burn a total of 1008 calories in 60 minutes.

Not too shabby.

So, if we minus today's count from the remaining calorie count from yesterday (25909) I've got 24901 left to burn in 25 days.

Progress!!  Gotta love it.

Cheers,
Brandon

No comments: