Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

The Workout: Day Eight

Gotta keep it short and sweet today, folks - lots on the go.

Had to wait until 6:30pm tonight to get my ass over to the gym, basically spent all day (which will probably end up being the rest of the week) catching up, getting work up to snuff.

On the bright side, it really fired me up for my workout.  By the time I was done I was just chomping at the bit to get out of there and onto the treadmill.

Also: The settings are definitely getting easier now.  I was pretty psyched to get up on there so I didn't even really flinch until minute 20.  (and that's without a vitamin B pill!)

As an added bonus, since I ended up taking Monday off, my blister appears to have (mostly) healed.  I've still got this weird-feeling bit of loose/floppy skin over the wound, but the liquid inside has gone away on its own.  Yay healing.

I think that come day 10 I'll have adapted to this routine enough that I can see about messing with the settings.  I'm currently at an 11.5% incline going at 3.5 mph, I think that on Day 10 I'm going to push it to 12% and 3.6 or 3.7 mph.  We'll see how that goes.  With a bit of luck, by the end of the month I'll be rocking a 13% incline and 4.0 or more.  Again, I'll try not to get ahead of myself, but I'm starting to plan a bit.

On another side note, I'm officially down about 2.5 lbs since this thing started.  Normally, at the end of the day, after everything's been counted I'm usually coming home rocking a good 230 - 233lbs.  Tonight I came home and stepped on the scale to see that I was a solid 228.5lbs.

Wow.  I'll give myself a weigh-in tomorrow morning to see what happens post-digestion/empty stomach, but I think it's gonna be good.  Maybe even a 227.  We'll see.

Anyways, it's a start.  A good start with a simple premise:  Walk it off.

For now, just gotta keep on keepin' on.

Today's workout saw me clear 1010 calories in 62 minutes. 

If we take that away from the 23891 remaining, we end up with 22881 left to burn in 22 days.

Not bad.  Not bad all.

Back at it tomorrow.  Until then,

Cheers!
Brandon

No comments: