Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Friday, August 05, 2011

The Workout: Day Eleven

Coming in under the wire here.

I was in a bit of a rush tonight, didn't have time for a full workout, so I decided to try and see if I can get that whole one-hour workout in 45 mins.

Needless to say, I pushed the envelope a tad.  Marched boldly (blindly) into undiscovered territory.

I pumped the hell out of the settings, trying to see if I can burn 1000 calories in 45 mins.

Turns out I can.

If I'm willing to sacrifice my ability to walk for an extended period of time.

Anyways, I'll let the stats speak for themselves here:

- User
  Age = 31
  Weight units = 230

- Workout
  Elapsed Time = 45:00
  Avg Heart Rate = 175
  Max Heart Rate = 188   <-- Yeah, funny thing about when you heart rate starts to get that high: I actually started to hear my heartbeat in my ears.  Crazy.
  Avg Speed Units = 3.7 mph
  Max Speed Units = 3.7 mph
  Avg Pace = 16:12 /mile
  Distance = 2.78 miles 
  Calories = 985

- Cool Down
  Elapsed Time = 2:00
  Avg Speed Units = 3.2 mph
  Max Speed Units = 4.0 mph
  Distance = 0.11 miles
  Calories = 15

- Total
  Elapsed Time = 47:00
  Avg Heart Rate = 175
  Max Speed Units = 188
  Avg Speed Units = 3.7 mph
  Max Speed Units = 4.0 mph
  Avg Pace = 16:12 /mile
  Distance = 2.88 miles
  Calories = 1000

So... yes.  Technically, I can actually burn 1000 calories in 45 (47)mins. 

Of course the one little stat they neglect to mention here is that I did that 3.7 mph on a freaking 16% incline.

Okay, I thought 11.5% was tough at first.

I thought that 12.5% was pushing it, a real "wow, this is something.  This is just tough, this is".

And then I go and pull this stunt.

I'm actually sort of pissed at myself that I managed to pull this off.  'Cause now, now I can't go back, can I?

No.  Now I'm going to be out there kicking my own ass on a 16% incline.  Great.

Ugh.

Crap.

You know, one of the bullshit things about this whole 'pushing your limits' thing is that once you've pushed them and realized that you can go farther... dammit, if you take a step back then you're just being lazy.

You know you can do better but you're just like 'meh, I'm good here'.

Alright.  Anyways, so yeah.  Looks like tomorrow I'll be hitting the slopes at a 16% incline at 3.7mph for a solid 1320-ish calories per hour if I can survive the whole enchilada.

It's tough.  Crazy freaking tough.  That 45 mins damn near broke me.

But now I've gotta know if I can last out the whole hour.

(Sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with me...)

Anyways, adding up all the counts for the last few days -- 1127 + 1129 + 1000 = 3256.  If we subtract that from the last official count of 22881 then I've got 19625 calories left to burn in 19 days.

Fingers crossed 'cause, man, by dogs are barkin'.

Cheers all,
Brandon

No comments: