Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, August 08, 2011

The Workout: Day Fourteen

The funny thing about sending things to print is how -- no matter how much you pore over the work, how much time you've spent making sure every little tiny detail is perfect -- immediately you find an obvious error.

The great thing about printing my book through a place like Lulu is that I was able to make the fix in the file, upload it to their servers and, from that moment on, all future copies of the book will have said fix.

Brilliant.

Today I took a running leap at the 16%, 3.7mph bar... and still didn't quite make it. I managed to get about 25 mins in this time at 3.7 but my body is now officially in full-blown rebellion. I ended up slowing down to 3.5 -- it doesn't seem like a huge thing, numerically, but I'll tell you this: those .2mph were like manna from, well, you know.

On the bright side, I'm able to make it through a whole session now without it turning into a pathetic display -- it's not much better than a pathetic display, mind you, but at least I can manage to keep my torso and head mostly upright when I walk now (this has done wonders for my ability to breathe fresh-ish air).

Here's today's stats:

- User
Age = 31
Weight units = 230

- Workout
Elapsed Time = 60:00
Avg Heart Rate = 171
Max Heart Rate = 185 <-- Down quite a bit from the last report. With a bit of luck, I think my body might be adapting to these new settings.
Avg Speed Units = 3.6 mph
Max Speed Units = 3.7 mph
Avg Pace = 16:42 /mile
Distance = 3.59 miles
Calories = 1276

- Cool Down
Elapsed Time = 2:00
Avg Speed Units = 2.0 mph
Max Speed Units = 2.0 mph
Distance = 0.07 miles
Calories = 9

- Total
Elapsed Time = 62:00
Avg Heart Rate = 171
Max Speed Units = 185
Avg Speed Units = 3.5 mph
Max Speed Units = 3.7 mph
Avg Pace = 16:42 /mile
Distance = 3.66 miles
Calories = 1285

All-in-all, I managed a full 10 more calories than my last workout. Not an earth-shattering amount, by any means, but still, progress.

Can't argue with that.

If you add up Saturday's and today's counts (1275 + 1285 = 2560) and subtract them from what's left (19625) then I've got 17065 calories left to burn in 16 days.

Man, those days off really hit like a load of bricks, huh?

Well, more to come tomorrow!

Cheers,
Brandon

No comments: