Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Workout: Day Twenty Five

So my wedding ring fell off today.

Okay, less 'fell' and more 'flew'.

I was talking to a co-worker of mine and gesturing toward something and... PING... pingpingping... off it rolls down the hall.  Uhh, yeah, that's not good.

So I ended up doing a little race to collect my bouncing/rolling ring before it could get stepped on or kicked into a corner or something.

Gonna have to be more careful about being a hand-talker going forward.

The workouts are definitely having an effect and I'm getting better at pushing myself, pushing my limits -- I  managed to go for a whole 20 minutes this time at 4mph on the 16% incline.  I struggled quite a bit to get there, but I managed to cajole myself into hanging on for that long.

And yet, still... I there was definitely a part of me that felt I could go longer; that by agreeing with the little 'just hang in there until the 20 minute mark' voice I'd managed to talk myself out of pushing myself harder...

So, for the last 5 mins of the workout I pushed it back up to 4mph and finished strong.

Okay, more like I 'almost collapsed on the moving treadmill', but I managed to push myself that extra bit further... a sort of 'Fuck you' to the little quitter inside me.  It was rather glorious.

To the lady running beside me, who kept giving me sincere looks of concern as I gasped and plodded along beside her: Thank you.  Whether you know it or not, the need to not fall flat on my face with an audience helped to push me through that last 5 minute burst.  (I believe my heart rate was firmly in the 190's at that point).

So it turns out that as this adventure of mine comes to a close, my final boss, my nemesis is going to end up being that 4.0mph jog on the 16% incline. I definitely want to make a full one hour run on this thing before my 30 days are up... but it's gonna take work, that's for sure.

Just gotta keep plugging away at it.

Here's today's stats:
- User
Age = 31
Weight units = 230

- Workout
Elapsed Time = 60:00
Avg Heart Rate = 178
Max Heart Rate = 192 <-- The 192 came from my last 'burst' of speed.  Holy crap... that was an experience.
Avg Speed Units = 3.8 mph
Max Speed Units = 4.1 mph  <-- I overshot my 4.0 by .1 for like 2 seconds and it still counted as my 'max speed'... sheesh.
Avg Pace = 15:46 /mile
Distance = 3.80 miles
Calories = 1288

- Cool Down
Elapsed Time = 2:00
Avg Speed Units = 3.5 mph
Max Speed Units = 4.0 mph
Distance = 0.12 miles
Calories = 20

- Total
Elapsed Time = 62:00
Avg Heart Rate = 178
Max Speed Units = 192
Avg Speed Units = 3.8 mph
Max Speed Units = 4.1 mph
Avg Pace = 15:46 /mile
Distance = 3.92 miles
Calories = 1308

Anyways, combining yesterday's run with today's (1317+1308 = 2625) and subtracting it from what's left (7044) I've got 4419 calories left to burn in 5 days.

Looks like the calories are going to be a lock... let's see if I can take down that bloody 4.0 wall.

Back at it tomorrow.

Cheers!
Brandon

No comments: