Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Workout: Day Twenty

It's official, I'm now 2/3rds of the way through this little journey of mine.  Only 10 days left to go.

So how are things going?

Well, today, I managed to complete another full hour of 3.7mph on a 16% incline.  I don't know if it got any 'easier' but I made it through without losing any limbs.  I'm still sore, things are still creaking about... but hey!  That's twice I've managed to pull this little feat off now.

Not too shabby.

In other, related news:  Today, I learned that yawning in the middle of a heavy-duty workout is not a great idea.  I mean, yeah, one would think that goes without saying -- that whole 'do not mess with the steady influx of oxygen' thing -- but the weird thing about it was that although I was yawning, I couldn't actually... finish.

You know how at the end of a yawn there's that moment where everything just sort of opens?  There's the half-closed eyes and the big, wide, gaping mouth and then that rush of oxygen to the brain.

I had the first two down but for the life of me I couldn't get that big oxygen rush that I was yawning for.  And so I just kept on this weird stream of half-yawns for about 15-20 mins.

I'm not sure how it all came to an end; when my body decided that the rubber wasn't going to meet the road on this one, but somewhere around the 45-minute mark my body just hit the 'chill' switch and I was back to normal.

That said, I've been yawning like crazy ever since I got home.

Damn, I'm definitely going to sleep well tonight.

Here's today's stats:

Okay, so I've just discovered that the bloody thing didn't save today's stats to my USB key.

I'm not sure why that is, but I'm not impressed.

The long and short of it is that 3.7mph on a 16% incline burned a good 1316 calories. After the cooldown, I was at 1342 calories.

It would be nice if I had the stats to share. I know that, unless there was a blip that I missed, my heart rate was actually below 180 on this one. I was actually kind of excited to see that one in print.

Anyways, if we take today's count and subtract it from what remains (10911) then I've got 9562 calories left to burn in 10 days.

Nice to know that I'm finally getting ahead here.

Hey, maybe I'll actually earn myself that day off instead of putting myself in debt to get it.

Will wonders never cease?

Cheers all,
Brandon

No comments: