Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, August 01, 2011

The Workout: Rest Day

So, as it turns out, Monday ended up being my 'rest day' after all. 

My wife and I had a bunch of chores to run today -- well, not all of them were chores, we finally got around to having a professional photo shoot of our son (almost 6 months now, holy crap!), which turned out pretty darned good if you ask me... the lil' bugger's a darn sight more photogenic than I am.

Anyways, by the time everything was done, by the time we'd set foot back in the house... well, it was almost 8pm.  And since today's a civic holiday, meaning the gym closes at weekend hours (8pm) yeah... I missed the boat there.

So what does that mean for yours truly?

It means that Tuesday's gonna suck.  I get to come back to work after a week off, try to catch up and keep up with current workload levels... and not let my workout slide.

I'm aiming for a lunchtime workout.  We'll see how that goes.

On the bright side:  Short work week!  Right?  Right?!

In other news -- and, really, I'm kind of burying the lead here, but here it goes:

The print editions of 404 are sorted out and online!  You can get the softcover here and the hardcover here.  (and no, I haven't forgotten those of you who've been with me from the start -- you'll still be getting a free printed copy.  Many apologies for the wait!)

See, one of the things that slowed me down with this project -- and believe me, I wanted this up and running a long time ago -- was that as I started to prep this thing for print, I realized that there were certain parts of the book that I just wasn't happy with.  So I went in and, over the last many months of small moments of free time, I rewrote it.  A lot of it is stuff that just allows it to read better, the wording is a lot stronger in some places, but there are some moments that I felt needed to be expanded upon -- that I really sort of breezed over earlier -- so I went back and I did them justice.

All-in-all, I think it's a much stronger read than my earlier edition and I'm proud as all heck to have this thing go out to print.

As a pretty interesting bit of news for my fellow would-be self-published Canadians: Did you know that you can get free ISBN numbers from the government?

I did not.  In fact, I almost bought one (they're like $125 a pop!).  Thankfully, a Google search and a bit of digging showed me the way.  Of course it's not an instantaneous thing, it takes around 10 days to get set up and running, etc... but it's a pretty sweet setup for the low, low cost of free!

Not too shabby!

Anyways, it's been an eventful day but that's it for now.  More to come tomorrow.

Until then,
Cheers!
Brandon

P.S: I know that those book prices are a bit steep unfortunately, like 80+ percent of the cost is Lulu.com's charges.  Off the softcover, at $12 for the book, I make $2.06 profit.  Yeah.

That said, if you're okay with a digital copy (for your Kindle, PC, iPhone/iPad or otherwise) you can always get a copy of that here for $1.99.  Just sayin'.

1 comment:

montanna said...

The madness exercise practiced by many people on the earth to get a proper shape is a tricky and intensive exercise and there are lots of such core workout offered by completely different coaching institutes.