Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, November 14, 2011

Hey there

Okay, so this last weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) essentially saw me demoted to pack mule at the Toronto Women's Show and the Toronto Baby Show.

My wife managed to get tickets to both of the shows (they were both at the Toronto Metro Center) and then discovered that both were letting you come back the next day for free.

Now, I'm happy to use my tremendous strength for the forces of good and all... but holy crap are my dogs barking.

On the bright side, she's incredibly happy with some of the deals she managed to get, so, yeah, who am I to argue? (Incidentally, I broke out my pedometer and found out that I walked a good 18,000+ steps combined over those 3 days on the show floor).

Of course, that means I've made zero progress on writing for the last 3-4 days.

Yay!

Hopefully this Wednesday I'll have something far more thrilling to update you all with but for now I don't have a whole lot on tap.

That said, here's a bit of TV-related news that I heard in my travels:

Apparently Russel Tovey - George on the BBC series Being Human - has decided to move on after Series 4. This is sad news for me as he was my favourite character on the show, but Toby Whithouse has been rocking some fantastic scripts as of late (he wrote 'The God Complex' episode of the recent series of Doctor Who), and Series Four is already in the can... so hopefully he gives us someone new to root for before George lopes off to the sunset/takes a dirt nap.

Also: Apparently NBC's 'Community' has been bumped from the schedule (not cancelled, though, as far as I can tell).  I'm only just starting to get into the show after many, many people (James) nudged me in that direction (Cameron).  Hopefully the show will find its way back onto the airwaves soon.

Ugh.  Tomorrow's gotta be a better day, right?

Until then,
Cheers!
Brandon

No comments: