Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Friday, December 23, 2011

Shimmy Shimmy

Okay, so I've been busy trying to piece together all the rough bits of my 'outline' into an 'actual outline' format.

It's been... tough.

But there is progress - nothing I can share just yet, but there's progress. One of the mistakes I made was that I wasn't all that specific in some parts and I've forgotten what I meant when I wrote certain sections down. Needless to say, this has made for some interesting moments where I sit there staring at my own work, wondering 'what the hell was I thinking?'.

But hey, it's a process. A process with lots of trash-sorting and even more baby-killing (no, not actual babies).

The other point I should note here is that, normally, this whole process is usually done over about 2 weeks (if you're lucky) where (one would hope) you're devoting your day - 8 hours or more at a stretch - to figuring this out. So what's here seems like it's pretty spread out (and it is) but it's also the culmination of an hour here, 2 hours there, sort of thing for the last month or so.

Anyways, after I put the rough edit together into a document I ended up with 9 pages of crap. Okay, well, a whole lot of it is crap.

But there is some good stuff rising to the surface here.

Flecks of gold hiding in the poo. (You're welcome)

In an effort to get an idea of how a Doctor Who outline might read (because, again, we're not privy to such information) I've been making use of a rather handy little website called The TARDIS Index File - a fantastic place where a host of amazing, intelligent people have come together to fill in a host of blanks in regard to this series as a whole. Especially the parts about the series and how it breaks down.

Here's a great example of one of their episode outlines.

It's pretty amazing stuff (and a fantastic resource if you're considering writing your own Doctor Who story/spec Script).

In other news, I got my notes back for the Pipeline pitch bible and, well, they were pretty incisive. There were some flaws that I just didn't notice because I was too close to the project (this is something that perhaps I'll get into on Monday - A "Don't make my mistakes" post for the post-Christmas rush).

Oh, yeah... Christmas. Yeah, that's really coming up fast now; hard to believe that it's only 2 freaking days away (Christmas-Eve-Day starts in T-minus 2 hours).

Wow.

Alright, that's it for now. Go wrap your presents ;)

Cheers all - and have a very, merry Christmas!
Brandon

No comments: