Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Monday, January 02, 2012

Off To A Good Start

Good News: The outline's almost complete!  I haven't exactly been able to slave over it this past holiday season -- though I did clock some serious mileage on my pedometer chasing down those Boxing Day/New Year's Sales (seriously, Boxing WEEK now? Yeesh...).

Outline-wise I've been trying to figure out how to make my episode seem like a normal episode, how to make it feel like it could fit in with the current series.  It's taken me a bit of a while to figure out how to pull it off, but I think I'm onto something.  Oddly enough, one of the most common 'type' of openings for Doctor Who is the 'oh crap, somebody just got ganked!' opening.  It's a tried and tested way of getting an episode off and running and it's been in use for many, many years on the series.  I like to think of it as a sort of a pre-CSI CSI way of drawing the viewer in that, well, happens to work.  I'm not entirely sure how/if I can twist it, but it's something I'm running with for now and it appears to be working.

If all goes well I'll have a decent 'final' outline up for this Wednesday or Friday and then *fingers crossed* I can finally start writing the first draft.

We'll see.

Finally, here's a video of my son ringing in the new year with style.


Cheers!
Brandon

No comments: