Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Friday, February 03, 2012

Wow... Long Week

Holy hoopla, Batman... this week was made of stabby things.

Lots of things that could go wrong, did.  Lots of things that shouldn't have gone wrong... did.

Needless to say, I've been a tad off balance today (and pretty much every day since Monday...).

As it turns out my re-vamp that I was all excited about for Pipeline went over like a lead balloon dropped from the 30th floor.  Okay, yes, maybe I am prone to dramatics... but still, yeah, not as well as I would've liked.

The silver lining in this scenario was that it ended up with Chris and I having a pretty interesting chat about what made this draft worse than the last one -- which helped us further identify the things that we like about the show.  Which helped us focus on that further, going forward.

As an aside, a definite big-ups to Chris for being totally cool and understanding about it - pretty much saying 'yeah, that happens... to everyone of us'.  We spent a good hour or two on the phone just talking it out, re-connecting dots, making it better.  So, yes, that one definitely ended in the 'less bloody' category.

My Doctor Who spec has been sitting fallow for days now -- I simply haven't had a chance to sit down with it since I've been tooling up on Pipeline this week.  I'm cautiously optimistic for a Sunday writing session of some sorts but we'll see.

Finally, and, ending this hell-week on a positive note: my son's 1st birthday is this Saturday (mere minutes away, at this point).

It's funny, I used to look back at the year and smile my goofy lil' smile and say 'wow, where did the time go?'

Now I have a very physical reminder in front of me -- one that seems to grow and develop before my very eyes. Every day it's something new, or different. Sometimes I just sit there and watch him figure out the best way to fit Cheerios into his mouth.

I know it sounds corny, but, yeah... I'm hooked.

And he's got me deep in the thick of it now -- experiencing time in full-on freeflow... each day overlapping with the previous and the next.  If I'm lucky I can pause long enough to appreciate what's going on around me -- or sneak off for a rare drink with friends.

But I don't stray for long 'cause, honestly, I find that I can't wait to get back to him.

Anyways, long story short: this first year has been the most exciting, terrifying, frustrating and incredible time of my life thus far.

And I'm incredibly stoked to see what comes next.

Happy 1st birthday, lil' guy.

Please stop pulling my hair now.

Thanks,
Da-da

No comments: