Updated Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Sunday, November 11, 2012

In Remembrance

There aren't a whole lot of meaningful things that a civilian like myself can say. I'm exceedingly lucky to have grown up in a country that hasn't known war in my lifetime. That 'luck', unfortunately, did not come without a cost and a great number of valiant Canadians sacrificed their lives so that I and my children might grow up with the blessing of a peaceful homeland.

There aren't a whole lot of things that I can say that won't sound horribly trite.

So, instead I'll say:

Thank you.

I promise to honour your sacrifice by continuing to work at being an informed and active citizen - to help maintain and uphold the Democracy you have fought and died to protect.

Brandon

1 comment:

lungta said...

as canada has been a willing participant in the "war on terror"
afghan theater, opium edition for the last ten years
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada%27s_role_in_the_Afghanistan_War
i am really wondering how you can say this
"I'm exceedingly lucky to have grown up in a country that hasn't known war in my lifetime"
and this
"I promise to honour your sacrifice by continuing to work at being an informed"
unless the only war you count "in country"
is the war of 1812